Our Email


In the second round of the County championship, we play Roscrea in Nenagh on Sunday at 2.00pm. This is a crucial game for the team, so we are asking all our supporters to head to Nenagh and get behind the lads. Admission is by ticket. Tap and Go will also operate.



In the final group game, we played out a draw with Roscrea in Borrisoleigh. We scored 0-15 in reply to 1-12 from the opposition. We led 0-10 to 1-3 at the break, having had the assistance of the breeze in the opening half. We managed to keep our noses in front until deep into injury time when Roscrea levelled matters from a free with the second last puck of the game. We needed a win to secure a semi-final spot, so we made our exit from the championship. This was our best display of the championship, and it was unfortunate that we couldn’t hold out for victory. Thanks to the players and management for their efforts during the year. We wish a speedy recovery to Eoin Williams, who sustained a serious knee injury in the opening minutes of the game.  

Team: Kevin Naughnane, Paddy Ryan, Eanna Hogan, Ciaran Coffey, Rory Grace (0-1), Tomás Hogan, Cormac Mannion, Sean Quinlan (0-1), Matthew Moyles (0-1), Jack Mulcahy (0-1), Eoin Williams, James Williams (0-1),  Eoin Carrol (0-7, 0-4 frees), Brian O’Meara (0-1), Oisín O’Meara (0-1). Subs:  Bob Dooley (0-1), Ray McLoughney, Kevin Shinners, Pat Conway, Kevin Oakley.



We booked a semi-final place with a 2-17 to 0-12 home victory over Lorrha Rovers. The scoreline does not reflect the trend of the game as they was very little between two evenly-matched sides. MacDonaghs were more economical with their scoring efforts, and this was the difference between the teams. Kilruane played with the wind in the first half and just led by two points as the interval approached. Jack Mulcahy found the net on the stroke of halftime, and this was the turning point in the game. Against the wind in the second half, the team played their best hurling of the season using the ball cleverly and crafting some well-worked scores.

Team: Shane Cleary, Cathal England, Danny Chalan, Cian Hayes, Paul Molloy, Eamonn Coonan, Sean Hayes, Cian Moyles (0-1), Brian O’Meara (0-1), Andrew Hayes (0-1), Jack Mulcahy (1-3), Tristan Madden (0-1), Michael Hennelly, Eoin Carroll (1-7, 0-3 frees), Michael Cleary (0-2). Subs: Ray Quinlivan (0-1), Tommy Burriss.

The semi-finals are scheduled for Wednesday, 30th August. We wish a speedy recovery to Brian O’Meara who sustained a fractured wrist in the first half.



In the fourth round of the championship, we recorded a 2-20 to 2-17 victory over Borris-Ileigh in MacDonagh Park. The visitors dominated the opening exchanges and led by 0-7 to 0-2 at the end of the first quarter. At half-time, they held a three-point advantage. Seven minutes into the second half, a pointed free by Michael Cleary put MacDonaghs into the lead for the first time. However, Borris-Ileigh wrestled back the initiative and were a point ahead with ten minutes to go. A fortuitous goal from Brian O’Meara tilted the balance in favour of the home side, who held out for a three-point victory.

Team: Dara Gaynor, Cian Hayes, Cathal England, Simon Austin, Paul Molloy, Eamonn Coonan, Cormac Kennedy, Shane Cleary (0-2), Tommy Burriss (0-1), Tommy O’Meara, Cian Moyles (1-1), John Hannan (0-1), Ray Quinlivan (0-2), Brian O’Meara (1-4), Michael Cleary (0-9, 0-3 frees). Subs: Charlie Kennedy, Stasik Setikas.

Meanwhile, the same evening our second team travelled to Portroe to take on the home side. MacDonaghs led by 1-6 to 1-3 at the break but were just pipped in the end by 2-12 to 2-11.



In the latest round of the ‘A’ championship, we had a 5-12 to 4-10 home victory over Ballina. We led 2-6 to 2-5 at the interval with the green flags coming from Shay Óg Kennedy and Cormac Kennedy. A brace of goals from Tommy O’Meara in the second half and another from Andrew Austin helped seal the victory.

Team: Dara Gaynor, Conor McGrath, Kallen Grace, James Gould, Tommy Gaynor, Cormac Kennedy (1-3 frees), Stasik Setikas, Gerard O’Looney, Tommy O’Meara (1-5), Charlie Kennedy (0-4, 0-3 frees), Paraic Nevin, Tom Campbell, Shay Óg Kennedy (1-0), Andrew Austin (1-0), Emmet Dwyer. Subs: Oisín Carroll, Arman Khan Wahid, Culann Haverty, Karl Ryan.



In the ‘A’ championship playoff, we play Ballina in MacDonagh Park this Friday, 11th August, at 7.00pm. The winner qualifies for the semi-final while the loser heads into the quarter-final.



Our panel of thirty-two players participated in the Munster Council Activity Day in Páirc Uí Chaoimh. We played three games against Bruff (Limerick), Glenroe (Limerick) and Crotta O’Neills (Kerry). The players and officials were given a guided tour of the Stadium and met Cork player Brian Hayes. The day concluded with a pitstop at Supermacs on the way home. Thanks to Ian Foley, Timmy Kelly, Sean Gaynor, Richard King, Patrick O’Brien and Fran Farrell, who accompanied the players and ensured the day went off without a hitch.


A panel of nineteen players participated in a Blitz in Dr. Morris Park last week. We fielded two teams, and the players thoroughly enjoyed the experience.



Last Saturday morning, we hosted Silvermines in MacDonagh Park. Our panel of sixteen players was divided into three teams to maximise participation. Thanks to Silvermines for travelling.


Tipperary Draw

The Tipperary Draw commences on Friday, 25th August. There is a total prize fund of €600,000 with 10 car prizes, 20 Lotto jackpots plus 10 extra weekly draws. Promoters are presently canvassing the parish to recruit both new and existing members for the new Draw. Thanks to all who joined the last Draw, and we look forward to your continued support.



The weekly Bingo session continues on Saturday night in the Fr. O’Meara Centre, Kilruane at 8.00pm. The jackpot now stands at €1,450.



The jackpot next week will be €3,500. Tickets are available from the usual outlets, or you can play on Club Spot. Thanks for your continued support.



Sympathy is extended to the family of the late Martin Killackey, Gortlandroe, Nenagh and formerly Church Road, Cloughjordan.